Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018
World’s top 250 universities under 50 years
Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018
English language centre in the world
i-graduate ELT Barometer 2018
- Engineering and Science
- Health, Psychology and Dermal Sciences
- Information Technology and Systems
- Legal Studies
- Social, Community and Youth Development
- Sport and Exercise
The University of the West
Victoria University (VU) is going through a major transformation – to be an agile, innovative and growing University of Opportunity and Success.
Victoria University provides scholarships to recognise students with outstanding academic achievements and their potential to make positive contributions to VU and the wider community.
- VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship – recognises and rewards international student academic achievement. Students must obtain a high distinction in each unit in the first semester of a VU College diploma in Melbourne to be eligible for the A$2000 scholarship for their second semester of studies.
- Victoria University International – Research Scholarship – available to international students with excellent academic qualifications who wish to undertake postgraduate research in Australia. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic achievement and is highly competitive.
For more information, visit https://www.vu.edu.au/study-at-vu/fees-scholarships/scholarships/international-scholarships
Victoria University achieved university status in 1991, but our preceding institutions date back to 1916. We are one of Australia’s few dual-sector universities. Today, we have over 40,000 enrolled in higher education, and vocational education and training students studying on our campuses.
As one of 39 public universities in Australia, graduates can be assured their qualification from VU is being awarded from a university operating in a world-class education system.
Being a dual-sector university means that our students can easily pathway from vocational education to higher education – such as from a certificate or diploma course through to an undergraduate degree or even a postgraduate qualification by coursework or research.
Victoria University offers the unique First Year Model. It is the only university that offers the block mode teaching where students study one subject at a time in Australia. For more information, visit https://www.vu.edu.au/study-at-vu/why-choose-vu/experience-our-first-year-model
Being one of six universities in Australia to offer both vocational training (TAFE) and higher education, VU is able to provide attractive pathways from diplomas to degrees across a range of study areas.
VU College, VU’s specialist pathways college, delivers English language courses and Higher Education (HE) Diplomas in business, engineering and information technology.
Successful completion of a HE Diploma provides guaranteed entry into the second year of specific bachelor degrees, allowing you to save money while completing your degree in the same duration, with extra support in the first year.
In addition to the HE diplomas, many of our certificate and diploma courses are pathways into a bachelor degree, where you can receive credit for completing a TAFE course in business, dermal therapy or nursing.